[OPLINLIST] A New Year, a New Slate of CE Options at OHIONET

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Jan 6 12:48:44 EST 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings*.

Greetings and best wishes to you in this frigid start to 2014!  At OHIONET,
we’re excited to kick off a new year. While it’s dreary outside, stay warm
and let us brighten your day with some great opportunities to connect and
learn online.

*Jan. 14th, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PMCollective Insight: A discussion about the
impact of shared data on libraries
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=174&reset=1>*
In 2013, the OCLC community explored the concept of shared data and the
implications on library success during the Collective Insight series.  We
discussed topics such as linked data, big data and data visualization.  Now
we would like to you to join our discussion and share ideas on how you can
leverage shared data and strengthen the services you provide.
Click here to register for this FREE
event<http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=CollectiveInsight_Virtual_Chat_140116&_wcsid=D514247A6E4B29BFD3947D998FEB18301D6DDC4451CC153B>
.

*Jan. 22nd, 3:30 PM to 4:30 PMData, Data Everywhere: Finding and Using
Current US & Ohio Census Information
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=169&reset=1>*
Get the background information on how and why the Census is such a useful
tool for spotting trends and researching communities.  There’s so much more
to know that just the total population.  Online tools and resources to be
featured will include American Fact Finder, State of the Cities data
service, and Ohio’s Development Services Agency (was Office of Strategic
Research).
Click here for more information and registration
options<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=169&reset=1>
.

*Jan. 24th, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PMCollective Insight: Livestreaming the OCLC
Americas Member Meeting and Symposium (The Hype and Hope of MOOCs)
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=175&reset=1>*
Can't make it to ALA Midwinter?  Thanks to the Collective Insight series,
you can still join OCLC member-leaders and staff for updates on OCLC
programs, a Regional Council business meeting and a debate-style symposium
on MOOCs. The meeting will take place on Friday, January 24, 2014, from
11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Eastern Time, with the symposium beginning at 1:00 pm.
Click here to register for this FREE
event<http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=ARCMeetingSymposiumVirtualJan2014>
.

Keep up to date with CE at OHIONET.  Check out these links:

   - Our Training Calendar <http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar>;
   - My blog post<http://www.ohionet.org/blog/2013/12/ce-ohionet-full-time-and-full-throttle>about
our recent changes and what’s coming soon;
   - A new way to let us know what you need--the Online CE Suggestion
Form;<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
   - Our RDA Resources page <http://www.ohionet.org/rda-resources>--a
   listing of free, introductory materials to get you started.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or
suggestions<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>for
OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue