[OPLINLIST] Possibly fake patron book request?

Gerry Vogel gvogel at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Wed Jan 8 17:48:25 EST 2014

We have gotten them for years from "fake patrons".  When we tell the patron
we are willing to purchase if we can get some more information to find
their account, we either never hear from them again or get a "yeah, i'll
come down and get a card someday soon, just please order this book its
awesummm!"

--
Gerry Vogel, MLIS
Assistant Director, Avon Lake Public Library

*any opinions expressed are my own and not (necessarily, or yet) those of
ALPL*