[OPLINLIST] Looking for a rich reference resource AND a terrific teaching tool? Sign-up for the upcoming OHIONET webinar--”Data, Data Everywhere” (1/22/14)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Jan 14 09:40:39 EST 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

As committed information professionals, we’re always on the look-out for
high-quality, cost-effective resources to help us meet the needs the
communities we serve.  What if I told you that there was a slate of
resources where, in just a handful of clicks, you could access current
facts and figures in a variety of data formats--enough to make anyone
staffing a reference desk swoon with delight--AND select, download and
analyze huge data sets perfectly suited to teach users how to spot trends
and research communities using the concepts of data mining and
visualization.  Now, what if I said that among these resources you could
also find lesson plans and other learning materials, already prepared, to
help you help your patrons.

Sounds pretty handy, right?  Now, what if I told you that all this data is
available to you, right now, for free.  Yep.  Free.

Mark your calendar and join us for…

*Data, Data Everywhere: Finding and Using US and Ohio Census
Information*<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=169>

Wednesday, Jan. 22nd, 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM

Live, ONLINE with CitrixGoToWebinar

*CLICK HERE to register now
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=169>!*

During  this upcoming OHIONET event, attendees will learn how to

   -

   discover free 2000 and 2010 Census Data available from the Federal
   Government
   -

   explore Ohio census and statistical information
   -

   navigate and manipulate population and economic statistics
   -

   create charts and maps using current and historical data
   -

   adapt provided lesson plans and suggestions to fit your patrons' needs

*REMEMBER*:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend our
webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your
library maintains?  Contact us <shellym at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or
suggestions<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>for
OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue