[OPLINLIST] Support Makers and Crafters in Your Community--OHIONET will show you how!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Fri Jan 24 11:18:28 EST 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

We all just love helping our users connect with the resources they both
want and need, especially those with a do-it-yourself attitude.  Makers and
crafters have been using libraries for years, but it’s not only about
macrame anymore.  Now we’re crafting with electronics and robotics,
too--check out this great YouTube
example<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjWU2vTZTk>from the good folks
at the Delaware County District Library!  Or, maybe
you’ve noticed an uptick at your reference or help desk in the number of
people looking to learn how to customize their surroundings or to use their
creative talents to start a home-based business.  The Maker Movement--the
growing number of folks looking to consume and create one-of-kind or
handmade items--is all around us.  Join us to learn a bit more about this
rising subculture and pick up tips on how to support their needs.

*WHAT*: Support a Maker Culture:  Arts & Crafts Resources on the
Web<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=170>
*WHEN*:  Feb. 20, 2014, 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
*WHERE*:  Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
*CLICK HERE* <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=170> for
registration options.

During  this upcoming OHIONET event, attendees will

   - gain an understanding of the modern Maker subculture
   - explore a variety online resources for DIYers, makers and crafters
   - gather ideas for how you can help promote the hands-on, handmade
   movement (including suggestions for in-house programs for audiences of all
   ages)

*REMEMBER*:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend our
webinar and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your
library maintains?  Contact us <shellym at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or
suggestions<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>for
OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue