[OPLINLIST] Thinking about creating a proposal for ALAO’s 40th Annual Conference? The clock is ticking--submit today!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Jul 17 14:51:10 EDT 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Conference Planning
Committee is currently accepting proposals for Poster Sessions, Tech Tables
and Roundtable Discussion Topics for the 40th Annual Conference, which will
take place on November 13-14, 2014 at the Kalahari Resort & Convention
Center in Sandusky, OH.

Consider submitting a proposal.  The deadline is Aug. 1st--just over two
weeks away!

For this round of proposals, presentations may take the form of

   -

   Posters--graphically represent a topic with text, tables, and images and
   chat informally with poster session attendees about your material,
   -

   Roundtable Discussions--lead a small, informal group discussion to
   facilitate networking and information exchange about a specific issue that
   librarians face, or
   -

   Tech Tables--briefly demonstrate a technology resource being used in
   your library for cataloging, marketing, instruction, staff training, etc..

Proposals should reflect thoughtful consideration of this year’s conference
theme, “Engagement, advocacy and outreach: Empowering our communities,”
which seeks to explore how academic libraries and librarians empower our
communities in all the ways that we do. We would love to learn about your
ideas, experiences, solutions, and best practices – even those that yielded
results that were different than expected!  For more details on the
conference theme and guidelines, please see the attached call for proposals.

Don’t delay--submit today!  Please click the following link for the
submission page:  http://bit.ly/1oi4zS6

Questions about this final round of proposals can be directed to:

Shelly Miller, ALAO Conference Planning Committee

shellym at ohionet.org

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET