[OPLINLIST] All Americans eligible for or currently receiving Social Security benefits need to create a my Social Security account

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Jun 10 08:05:40 EDT 2014

Please excuse multiple postings...

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF8482.C2BC9EF0]<http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/>

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is in the process of phasing out the paper notices that they have been sending through the mail to Americans who are eligible for or currently receiving Social Security benefits. Everyone will need to create a my Social Security account on SSA's website<http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/> (http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/). SSA is asking many institutions around the country, including libraries, to help them get the word out to all Americans.

Features of the my Social Security system include:

*        Requesting and receiving benefit verification letters online.

*        Updating direct deposit and other personal information electronically.

*        Individuals not receiving benefits can create a my Social Security account and quickly receive their online Social Security Statement.

SSA is offering to host my Social Security events at libraries across Ohio to answer questions and help your patrons sign up. For more information on how your library can host a my Social Security sign up event, please contact Kirstin Krumsee at kkrumsee at library.ohio.gov<mailto:kkrumsee at library.ohio.gov> or by phone at 614-644-6916.

----------------

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF8482.C2BC9EF0]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image005.jpg at 01CF8482.C2BC9EF0]
Find us on [cid:image007.png at 01CF8482.C2BC9EF0] <https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>   [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image014.png at 01CF8482.C2BC9EF0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.