[OPLINLIST] Ohio Means Jobs and LearningExpress

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Jun 24 08:12:14 EDT 2014

Yesterday, the Libraries Connect Ohio partners had a meeting with Ohio Means Jobs. I imagine a lot of you are already familiar with their website (ohiomeansjobs.com), since it is so tightly integrated with the state unemployment system, but I admit I'm late to the party and didn't realize until yesterday how useful this site could be for job-seekers coming to your library. I see a lot of libraries already link to Ohio Means Jobs, with good reason.

I'd like to point out that all of the content of LearningExpress Library and Workforce Skills is also available at Ohio Means Jobs. At least we think it's all the content; it's a bit hard to tell, since the content is totally rearranged and sometimes renamed from what we're used to seeing in the library interface, but a couple of us have checked and eventually been able to find things in both places.

Users of Ohio Means Jobs have to create a "backpack" to store their progress, much as they need to create LearningExpress Library accounts in the library interface, but they'll have access to many more job and career resources at Ohio Means Jobs. In fact, there are almost too many things going on there, and people could probably benefit from some expert librarian help. Some of you have had some Ohio Means Jobs training, and I think Libraries Connect Ohio will be trying to arrange for more training soon.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org