[OPLINLIST] FW: Register now for the 2nd annual SLIS Mock Caldecott Night

Cunningham, Flo fcunning at kent.edu
Mon Nov 17 13:00:38 EST 2014

Please excuse duplicate postings.

The School of Library and Information Science invites you to the Second Annual Mock Caldecott Night!

Join us to discuss possible 2015 winners for the Caldecott Award!

This is a FREE non-credit workshop!

Plus, we'll feed you if you join us face-to-face.

Of course, if you'd like to join us virtually, you can!

Limited seats available! Please register early!

When: January 21, 2015
Time: 5:30pm to 9:00pm
Where: Marantz Picturebook Collection, 3rd floor library, Kent State University, School of Library and Information Science
OR Synchronously and virtually.

We will read and discuss a pre-selected list of books that have generated excellent reviews and/or Internet buzz over the last few months. This list will be circulated prior to the meeting. If you want to bring 1or 2 additional books, we can discuss them if time permits.

Please let us know if you want to attend by December 1, 2014.

RSVP: http://bit.ly/2015MockCaldecottRSVP

Mock Caldecott Itinerary

5:30 - 6:00 Presentation of procedures for the evening

6:00-6:30 Book discussion groups - book set #1 (7 books)

6:30-7:00 Pizza break and video

7:00-7:30 Book discussion groups - book set #2 (7 books)

7:30-8:00 Presentation by former Caldecott Committee Member and discussion

8:00-8:30 Book discussion groups - book set #3 (6 books)

8:30-9:00 Voting and wrap-up

Questions? Contact Michelle Baldini at mbaldini at kent.edu<mailto:mbaldini at kent.edu>.