[OPLINLIST] Question about a book

Persohn, Gretchen Gretchen.Persohn at odrc.state.oh.us
Thu Nov 20 09:52:07 EST 2014

I have a patron who is trying to remember the name and/or author of a book he read several years ago.  Here are the details he remembers:

It's sci fi/fantasy. The main character time travels with a female companion. They meet on a boat that hits an iceberg and they wake up on a lifeboat sometime in the future. Whenever he falls asleep and then wakes up he's in a different time/place.  He is at a tent revival and gets saved and the rapture happens.  He goes to Heaven but his wife/girlfriend doesn't so he gives up heaven to go live in hell with her. He says it's been at least 10 years since he read it and that it was humorous. It sounded to me somewhat like the movie "What Dreams May Come" but it's not that.

Gretchen Persohn, Librarian 2
Richland Correctional Institution
1001 Olivesburg Rd.
Mansfield, OH 44905
419-526-2100 ex. 2215

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Gandhi

Please note that an e-mail message, or a portion thereof, may be releasable as a public record in accordance with Chapter 149 of the Ohio Revised Code.