[OPLINLIST] TV Series Circulation Question

Nicole Martin nicolemartin at oplin.org
Wed Oct 1 15:38:33 EDT 2014

Hello everyone!

My library currently circulates TV series by individual discs, not the entire season at once. Many patrons are not happy about this as they have trouble putting holds on the correct disc number or don't like waiting for the next disc in the season. We are also in serious need of more space and we are looking to consolidate the discs for easier patron browsing as well as freeing up space for additional collection development.

How does your library shelve/ circulate TV series? Any information about your library's tactics would be very much appreciated .

Feel free to reply back to my email if you would like to share.

Thanks!

Nicole

Nicole L. Martin
Emerging Technologies Supervisor