[OPLINLIST] You asked and we delivered--More Fundamentals of Cataloging sessions scheduled at OHIONET!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Sep 11 09:44:48 EDT 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

To keep up with current demand, we have scheduled another round of the
first three sessions in our newly revamped, RDA-centered Fundamentals of
Cataloging series to take place yet this fall.  These sessions are
particularly aimed at folks who are new to cataloging (or who primarily
perform copy-cataloging) and include hands-on practice time and plenty of
opportunities to ask questions.  Mark your calendars for….

Fundamentals of Cataloging I: Introduction and Basic Description
<http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=233>If you’re new to
cataloging, this is the place to start!  We begin by covering some basic
cataloging concepts and processes, followed by a demonstration and
discussion of how to describe and catalog our most numerous resource--books.

WHEN:  Monday, Oct. 6th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
WHERE:  In-person at OHIONET, 1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH
CLICK HERE <http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=233> to
register!

Fundamentals of Cataloging II: Serials
<http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=234&reset=1>
This session will focus on the issues, fields, and elements to be
considered when cataloging periodicals.  We will be covering records for
both physical and electronic resources--all from an RDA-friendly
perspective.

WHEN:  Monday, Oct. 20th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
WHERE:  In-person at OHIONET, 1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH
CLICK HERE <http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=234&reset=1> to
register!

Fundamentals of Cataloging III: Common AV Formats
<http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=232>In this session,
we’ll discuss the issues, fields, and elements you need to consider when
cataloging materials in a variety of commonly found formats: CDs, DVDs, and
streaming audio and video files.

WHEN: Monday, Nov. 17th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
WHERE:  In-person at OHIONET, 1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH
CLICK HERE <http://ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=232> to
register!

REMEMBER:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET’s
in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level
your library maintains?  Contact us <ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to
help.

To check out all our current CE options, CLICK HERE
<https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for the OHIONET Training
Calendar.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue