[OPLINLIST] October brings turning leaves, crisp breezes, and more OHIONET CE events!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Sep 23 12:56:51 EDT 2014

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

We have a fantastic slate of offerings coming up next month.  Check
out the OHIONET
Training Calendar <https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for the full
list, but here are some  featured events coming up very soon.

In-person, hands-on training with the Fundamentals of Cataloging Series
Introduction and Basic Description
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=233>Join us for the
first course in our recurring series wherein we’ll discuss basic cataloging
concepts and processes and demonstrate how to describe and catalog our most
numerous resource--books!
WHEN:  Monday, Oct. 6th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=233> for
more information and registration options--only 4 spaces remain!

Serials
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=234>This session
focuses on the issues, fields, and elements you need to consider when
cataloging periodicals--including both physical and electronic serials
records!
WHEN: Monday, Oct. 20th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=234> for
more information and registration options--only 3 spaces remain!

Easy-to-access webinars to keep you in-the-know and at your desk
Exploring Mobile App Options:  Find the Best Fit for Your Users
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=236>More and more
users are accessing Internet-based content through a mobile device.  Make
sure you aren’t leaving current (and potential) users out in the cold by
attending this FREE webinar.
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 7th, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=236> for
more information and to register for this FREE event.

Reference 101: The Basics of HathiTrust
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=231>Learn about the
digital preservation repository, HathiTrust, that contains thousands of
freely available, open access, and public domain resources.
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 14th, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=231> to
for more information and registration options.

Voter Information Sources Online: Issues, Candidates, and PACs
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=221>
Find reliable sources to get you and your patrons the information you need
to find facts about candidates and issues at the federal, state, and local
levels.
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 21st, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=221> to
for more information and registration options.

Workplace Positivity with Dr. Kristen Renee Linsday
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=235>In Library Land,
we face lots of challenges, both big and small: funding cuts, rude patrons,
questions about our continued relevance, unspeakable items left in the book
drop…Keeping a positive attitude is key.  Join us this fabulous FREE
webinar, co-sponsored by the State Library of Ohio.
WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=235> to
for more information and registration links for this FREE event.

REMEMBER:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend all of our
in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level
your library maintains?  Contact us <ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to
help.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue