[OPLINLIST] Evan Struble to receive the 2015 Ohio Library Council Diana Vescelius Memorial Award

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Wed Aug 5 11:01:44 EDT 2015

Please excuse multiple postings...

The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce that Evan Struble has been selected as the 2015 winner of the Ohio Library Council's Diana Vescelius Memorial Award. Evan is being recognized by his colleagues across Ohio as a library leader of tomorrow for his involvement in OLC and support and outstanding commitment to the library profession.

"I believe Evan Struble embodies all of the criteria for this award.  He has demonstrated his leadership skills within the State Library and the library community by leading several initiatives, including two that help develop our next generation of library leaders," said State Librarian Beverly Cain. "Evan is also a leader within the Ohio Library Council, participating as an active member of committees and conferences as well as presenting at conferences and continuing education events."

"I am both thrilled and humbled to be selected as the winner of this year's OLC Diana Vescelius Memorial Award," expressed Struble. "I was especially touched to read the kind words that were shared in letters of support from colleagues and supervisors-past and present-as part of my nomination packet. The Ohio library community is so supportive, and it inspires the way I approach my work every day."

Evan has been in the Library Programs and Development department since 2013. He coordinates and supports special projects such as Ohio's participation in ILEAD USA<https://library.ohio.gov/services-for-libraries/training-and-professional-development/ilead-usa-ohio/>, Library Leadership Ohio<http://www.libraryleadershipohio.org> and Guiding Ohio Online<http://www.guidingohioonline.org>. He also helps public libraries with the development of strategic plans.  Evan served as Library Consultant in the Information Systems and Technology department starting in 2011 where he managed and provided support to the State Library's statewide resource sharing initiative, Ohio Libraries Share: MORE.

Evan has a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from Kent State University, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Organizational Communication and Journalism from Otterbein College (now University). Prior to joining the staff at the State Library of Ohio, Evan worked for the library membership organization OHIONET, Westerville Public Library, Otterbein University's Courtright Memorial Library, and the Meigs County District Public Library. He is the 2015 OLC Expo Chair and has served on various councils and committees within OLC. Evan volunteers his time with the Ohio Historical Society, and serves as the State Library's union steward to the State Council of Professional Educators/Ohio Education Association. He also works part-time for the Upper Arlington Public Library.

The OLC Diana Vescelius Memorial Award was created as an acknowledgement of Diana's enthusiasm and active and creative contributions to the library profession. The Ohio Library Council (OLC) is continuing its tradition of honoring some of the best and brightest individuals and organizations in the Ohio public library community through its Awards and Honors program. The 2015 honorees have demonstrated outstanding leadership and remarkable dedication to providing the best possible library service. They will receive their awards at the Awards and Honors Luncheon<http://www.olc.org/convex15_special.php> on Oct. 7 at the OLC Convention and Expo in Cincinnati.
###

https://library.ohio.gov/news/evan-struble-to-receive-the-2015-ohio-library-council-diana-vescelius-memorial-award/

[StateLibraryLogo-smaller-AA2]

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>

Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.