[OPLINLIST] FW: NEO News

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Aug 31 10:48:54 EDT 2015

Are you receiving the NEO Newsletter below?  If not sign up for a MyNEO account.
Here is how:

  *   Click the following link http://www.viethconsulting.com/members/memberinfo/neo_reg_options.php?org_id=NEOL

  *   Choose I work at an Ohio Library and follow the prompts.
  *   If you have difficulty please call the NEO Office and we will be happy to assist you.  330-655-0531

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://www.myneotoday.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_2473007.htm>

[cid:header461]
NEONews

Weekly Update

  *   Tomorrow is September!
  *   Mentoring Works
  *   New Back to the Book Feature!
  *   Farwell Mary Frances
  *   Let NEO Re-Charge Your Board
  *   Time is Running Out for the OLC Fun Bus!

Farwell Mary Frances
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/23915_08312015080819.jpg]
Mary Frances Burns, Director of Morley Library will retire after 21 years.  Mary Frances has been a strong supporter of NEO and an active board member.  Best wishes,  we will miss you!
Let NEO Re-Charge Your Board

Healthy Boards and Directors work as a team. But, sometimes, even the best teams need a little more practice. If your board has new members or would just like to re-orient long-time members, bring NEO’s “Board Basics” retreat to your library!

Listen to what one Board member from The Mentor Public Library had to say…

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a wealth of information! Your presentation on Saturday was perfectly timed and spot on. You and Holly brought our board to a much healthier place. Personally, I sat in awe as you consistently addressed direct/awkward questions with impartiality and ease. Your demeanor was a great reminder and example to the rest of us. The feedback I received, regarding your presentation, was 100% positive.”

Time is Running Out for the OLC Fun Bus!
Save the hassle of driving to Cincinnati for OLC’s 2015 Convention and Expo (October 7-9, 2015) by taking the NEO FUN BUS!  You must register by this Friday, September 4th if you plan to ride the OLC Fun Bus.  Click HERE <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35409> for more information.[http://myneotoday.org/photos/23351_07272015122217.jpg]

Tomorrow is September!

A Day for Circ Staff: Frontline Success<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34682>
09/03/2015

Library Ambassador: Leading a K-12 Faculty Outreach Initiative (Mostly) on Your Own<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35026>
09/03/2015

Budgeting, Public Speaking and More<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34609>
09/10/2015

Essentials of Copyright and Fair Use<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35023>
09/10/2015

HR Networking Event<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35718>
09/11/2015

Influencing for Results: Five Key Steps to Being Heard and Impacting the Conversation in a Meaningful Way<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35024>
09/15/2015

Marketing Academy: Adding New Life to Old School Marketing<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34677>
09/16/2015

21st Century Collection Development<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34388>
09/17/2015

Express to Impress<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34385>
09/22/2015

E-Health: Digital Tools to Track and Take Action<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34045>
09/23/2015

Early Literacy 101-An Ohio Ready to Read Workshop<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34886>
09/24/2015

Adult Programming Unconference<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34419>
09/29/2015

A Day for Circ Staff: Frontline Success<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34852>
09/30/2015

Youth Services Chat<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35042>
10/01/2015

OLC Fun Bus!<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35409>
10/07/2015

A Day for Technical Services<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35043>
10/15/2015

YOU Can Get a Grant!<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34925>
10/19/2015

Marketing Academy: Marketing on an Hour a Day<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=34420>
10/20/2015

Mentoring Works<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35044>
10/22/2015

Back to the Book Jr.: Youth Readers' Advisory and Programming<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35131>
10/26/2015

Back to Book XVI: Focuses on Readers Advisory<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35045>
10/29/2015

Mentoring Works
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/23916_08312015082521.jpg]Mentoring works, join us to hear about best practices from libraries around Ohio.   Learn how they implemented their mentoring programs and how easy it can be for you to do the same.  From formal to informal mentoring you will receive ideas that will help you determinne the best fit for your library. Thursday, October 22nd at 10:00 a.m. From Your Desktop<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35044>
New Back to the Book Feature!
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/23917_08312015091436.jpg]Join us for a Book Buz with Penguin Random House.  A representative will be sharing forthcoming books and give readers tehinside scoop on Winter and Spring 2016 titles.  Not to mention all the fun and prizes!  This is a new addition to Back tot he Book which is scheduled for Thursday, October 29th at the Hilton Garden Inn, Twinsburg<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=35045>.  Reserve your seat now!

Template 1 - NEONews