[OPLINLIST] Digital signage

Joe knuevejo at oplin.org
Thu Jan 15 10:47:25 EST 2015

We have one on a large TV in our lobby.  In terms of any perception
issues, we listed it as a goal for our annual fund drive in 2013, and
have a sign on the TV noting that it was purchased with the fund drive
money.

We are using Concerto, which is an open source server/client system.  If
you're just doing a single TV installation, something like Screenly that
Jessica mentioned previously, or there are a couple of simple
alternatives listed in the oplintech listserv link that Chad mentioned
yesterday would be less involved to setup.

I would say reaction has been quietly positive.  No complaints, and one
or two positive comments, though I think those revolved around us
switching it from signage to an online video of a fireplace for a
holiday open house program we hold each December in conjunction with the
city's parks department...    If I recall, the first year we even
plugged in a small space heater under the TV to maximize the effect.

Have a good day.

Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director