[OPLINLIST] Upgrading our email

SWON Info info at swonlibraries.org
Thu Jan 15 17:34:26 EST 2015

SWON Libraries Weekly Newsletter

SWON Libraries // Weekly

    * SWON's weekly email is moving
    * So is SWON's office
    * 2 weeks until the Teen Reading Challenge begins
    * Check out NPR's social media sandbox

	Goodbye yellow brick mailing list

We're moving our weekly email from our old listserv to the email service at our new website. At the same time, we're upgrading our email's design and content. We'll continue to send a simpler emails (than this one) to readers on the OPLIN list. But to receive the complete content and the new design, create a free SWON account and leave the "General Correspondence" box checked.

If you've subscribed to SWON's old "Events" mailing list and have signed up for a new SWON account, we'll remove you from the "Events" list so you don't get emails twice. More news will go to listserv subscribers about the switchover soon. Thanks for subscribing! Same street, different suite

This weekend, SWON will be moving to a different office in the same building. Our neighbors are expanding, so we're tetrising into a new (and hopefully quieter) space. Mail will forward to us just fine. Please pardon us as we update all our physical and digital listings and plug in all our cables.

During the move, our listservs will be down, and the CLEAR & ROYAL review databases will be offline. Our email accounts won't be affected. With the office closed Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, all should be up and sending bits again by Tuesday.

Here is our new official address:

SWON Libraries
10250 Alliance Road
Suite 112
Blue Ash, OH 45242

	Teen Reading not-yet-a-Challenge

The Teen Reading Challenge begins February 1st, and so far only 75 people have registered. It's not much of a competition with so few people, right? We could use another 200 or so. Sign up and give these folks a run for their fictional-money. (Or non-fictional-money. Any kind of book counts toward the Challenge, even though the money never gets real.)

	NPR's social media sandbox

Social media isn't light work for anyone. NPR tackles this challenge by publishing what they've learned on a Tumblr blog. That makes it easily available to their staff...and all of us, too. Start with this recap for a huge run-down of tips for several different social media platforms.

	Coming up on the calendar

Please register for online classes at least two days before they take place.

    * Martin Luther King Jr. Day - SWON Libraries Office Closed
    * Tech for the Non-Techie: Helping Your Patrons Troubleshoot Tablets and More January 20, 2015 - Online
    * Technical Services (SIG) Meeting January 20, 2015 - Union Institute & University
    * STEM and STEAM Programming for Teens January 21, 2015 - Online
    * Graphic Novels 101: From Newb to Know How in 60 Minutes January 27, 2015 - Online
    * Creating Baby Spaces in Public Libraries January 27, 2015 - Online
    * Once Upon a Storytime: Sharing Folk and Fairytales in Children's Programs January 29, 2015 - Online

	You’re receiving this because you’re an awesome SWON Libraries customer or subscribed via our site .

Edit your subscription |