[OPLINLIST] Ohio Ready to Read

Stacey Church stacey.church at norwalk.lib.oh.us
Fri Jul 10 14:38:37 EDT 2015

Janet Ingraham Dwyer    Library Consultant  posted this on our behalf , thought I'd share it here too...

Norwalk Public Library in Huron County (northern Ohio) is hosting Ohio Ready to Read's Early Literacy 101 workshop, Thursday, August 27 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.  There are numerous seats available for this workshop.

Early Literacy 101 is a hands-on workshop to help build a firm foundation in early literacy. Participants will learn how brain development impacts how young children learn, and will explore effective, research-based early literacy resources and activities. The workshop covers the Six Early Literacy Skills presented in the PLA/ALSC Every Child Ready to Read® 1st edition, and the Five Early Literacy Practices presented in the 2nd edition, along with other early literacy concepts and tools.  Attendees will work and play with ideas for integrating these concepts into storytime, and into the rest of your day-to-day work with 0-5 year olds and their parents and caregivers.  Attendees will become well-equipped to work with parents and community partners to share early literacy concepts and build community support.  I will be the instructor for this workshop.

The Early Literacy 101 workshop is free for any Ohio public library employee to attend.  The library will arrange for boxed lunches.  Attendees may purchase a boxed lunch or pack a lunch to bring.

To sign up for the workshop, please email Norwalk Public Library's Assistant Director, Stacey Church, at stacey.church at norwalk.lib.oh.us<mailto:stacey.church at norwalk.lib.oh.us>.    If you have questions about this workshop, feel free to contact me at jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov> or 614-644-6910.

Stacey Church
Assistant Director
Norwalk Public Library