[OPLINLIST] Any ease for email pain?

Stephen Hedges st.hedges at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:57:01 EDT 2015

We're getting quite a few questions about recovery of old emails from folks
(like me) who didn't use an email client on their desktop and kept
everything on the web.

The short answer is: We don't know, yet.

We know we have a whole bunch of files -- over 6 million -- that belong to
Zimbra and as soon as we can we're going to try to dig into them to see if
any of them are emails. Assuming a bunch of them are, then a series of
questions come up.
-Are they in a standard email file format that can be read by an email
client, or are they in a special Zimbra format?
-If they're in a standard format, is there anyway to associate them with a
specific account?
-If so, is there a way to separate an account's emails and make them
available again to the account owner.

Right now we're working on getting some sort of simple, temporary mail
server set up so folks have some time to ease off oplin.org mail to some
other service, but the answers to those three questions are next on our
list.

---
Stephen