[OPLINLIST] Virtualized patron computers

Penny Neubauer pneubauer at acdl.info
Tue Nov 3 11:21:59 EST 2015

Hi all—

We currently use Userful stations for the majority of our patron computer access but are having some issues with certain flash drives being non compatible— creating problems for school students using our facilities to complete homework assignments. Also, Userful does not allow access via Internet Explorer creating problems for college students looking to connect to their schools’ web interfaces. Userful support has been less than helpful.

Is there anyone out there using a highly successful virtualization system? We currently have a few Windows stations which allow a work-around but we’re really looking for an overall solution to our dilemma.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Penny Neubauer
Assistant Director/Deputy Fiscal Officer
Ashtabula County District Library
335 West 44th St.
Ashtabula, Ohio  44004
440.990.2322
www.acdl.info

“To be a librarian is not to be neutral, or passive, or waiting for a question. It is to be a radical positive change agent within your community”— R. David Lankes