[OPLINLIST] Prepare for local history projects, genealogical research, and more with OhioNET’s City Directories webinar on 12/8/15

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Nov 17 09:28:21 EST 2015

Please excuse cross-postings.

We’re wrapping up this year’s series on Reference Skills & Resources with a webinar featuring an often-overlooked resource—city directories.  In this session we’ll be discussing the wealth of information contained in these resources, discovering options for accessing these materials (both in-print and online), and exploring the ways that city directories can be used to support both individual and community-based projects.

So whether you need new ideas to keep up with your library’s genealogy buffs or want to explore options for a vibrant local history project, plan to join OhioNET at…

Special Sources in Genealogy and Local History: City Directories<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=292&reset=1>
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=292&reset=1> for more information and registration options.

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend our in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains?  Contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Want more Reference Skills & Resources classes?  We’ll continue our series in 2016.   Watch our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for sessions on The American Community Survey, searching current newspaper content, YA Reader’s Advisory, and advanced book repair & care and MORE!

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET
1500 West Lane Avenue