[OPLINLIST] Sign-up TODAY for OhioNET’s next webinar, “Get to Know Our Country’s Largest Publisher…”

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Oct 14 12:54:13 EDT 2015

Please excuse cross-postings.

Next Monday, Oct. 19th, join us for our next Reference Skills & Resources webinar, “Get to Know Our Country’s Largest Publisher: Unlocking the U. S. Serials Set<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=290&reset=1>.”  If your responsibilities find you helping patrons locate resources or teaching users to hone their own searching skills, come learn about this rich resource that contains reports, analyses, studies and other information contributed by a broad variety of government agencies.

Our session leader, Dr. Miriam Kahn, will help you learn how to access freely-available content for your users, discuss the concept of open-access publishing, better understand the structure of government publications, and use both free and paid online tools for searching the Serial Set.

Get to Know Our Country’s Largest Publisher: Unlocking the U.S. Serials Set<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=290&reset=1>
Monday, Oct. 19th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=290&reset=1> to for more information and registration options.

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET’s in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains?  Contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Want more Reference Skills & Resources classes?  We’re offering a whole series which will highlight freely available resources and often-overlooked tools to help you get your users to the information they need. Check out other our upcoming sessions…

Unpacking Citations: Understanding Sources and Structures<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=291&reset=1>
Monday, Nov. 16th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=291&reset=1> for more information.

Special Sources in Genealogy and Local History: City Directories<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=292&reset=1>
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=292&reset=1> for more information.

Check out our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming sessions.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator