[OPLINLIST] CSLP 2017 Adult Manual Call For Ideas

Ingraham Dwyer, Janet jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 27 12:20:03 EDT 2015

Sent on behalf of the Collaborative Summer Library Program.  Cross-posted; please excuse duplication. Please send responses to Julie Tomlianovich at Juliet21954 at yahoo.com<mailto:Juliet21954 at yahoo.com>.

Dear Librarians,

I am happy to announce that Julie Tomlianovich, past president of CSLP, has been selected to be the 2017 CSLP Adult Manual Editor. Please join me in welcoming her by sending in lots and lots of ideas and feedback for the manual. The slogan is Build a Better World. Our plan is to organize the manual into chapters with ideas for building a better world at home, in communities, throughout the country, and around the globe.

Below you'll find some of the ideas suggested at the annual CSLP meeting this spring. Other ideas are welcome! If you have presented a program on one of the topics, or have ideas for other programs or decorating/display ideas, send them in with details along with any special space needs or personnel.  Portable program ideas and ideas for reaching underserved populations are needed, as are crossword puzzles, quizzes or other reproducibles.

At Home

*        power tool petting zoo or regular tool tutorials

*        partner with hardware store

*        financial planning, cooking, home improvement tricks, building skills, etc.

*        outreach to homeless, work force centers, nursing homes, people who can't come to the physical library

In Communities

*        Rebuilding after disasters

*        Local difference makers

*        Little Free Libraries

*        book club at brewery/winery

Throughout the Country

*        Habitat for Humanity

*        Elections and the voting process

Around the Globe

*        global nonprofits

*        showing films, such as old sci-fi films that show futuristic "better worlds"

The deadline for submitting ideas is November 30th.

Send ideas to:
Julie Tomlianovich, Editor
Juliet21954 at yahoo.com<mailto:Juliet21954 at yahoo.com>
1712 E 24th #1
Hutchinson, KS 67502

Thanks!

Lisa

************************
Lisa Donovan
Adult Manual Committee Chair
Collaborative Summer Library Program

And

Youth Services Coordinator
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock St.
Little Rock, AR 72201
501.918.3053
LDonovan at cals.org<mailto:LDonovan at cals.org<mailto:LDonovan at cals.org%3cmailto:LDonovan at cals.org>>
www.cals.org<http://www.cals.org<http://www.cals.org%3chttp:/www.cals.org>>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D110B1.CE459EE0]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6910
Fax: 614-466-3584
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
http://library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services
[cid:image002.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your library.