[OPLINLIST] renaming vast numbers of file names

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Apr 19 15:08:47 EDT 2016

No, not impossible at all. Powershell can no doubt handle it, with a little
careful programming. Even the normal Windows console might be able to
handle it with a little creative scripting. However, if you're not able to
get your PS script the way you want it, perhaps you can make use of a
Windows GUI tool instead. Bulk Rename Tool
<http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/45646/bulk-rename-tool-is-a-lightweight-but-powerful-renaming-tool/>
or a similar such tool might do the trick for you. I haven't used it
myself, but it claims to support wildcards, variables, etc...what you'd
need for your purpose.

HTH,
Chad

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*