[OPLINLIST] Check out OhioNET’s fall line-up: discover Primary Sources Online, become a Trusted Librarian, begin with BIBFRAME and more!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Aug 11 15:23:23 EDT 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

OhioNET has a great variety of online sessions on the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for this fall.  Whether you need to lead your users to Primary Sources Online<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=341&reset=1> or you’re looking for ways to Become a Trusted Librarian<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=346&reset=1>, we have a webinar on our schedule to help you.

The Cultivating Connections series features skills and tools that build relationships.
Become a Trusted Librarian: Tactics and Service Models that Build Relationships<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=346&reset=1>
Drawing on her experience working in public, corporate and (now) academic libraries, our presenter offers a unique perspective to help attendees explore service models and trust-building techniques to build relationships with patrons that will return time and again.
Monday, Sept. 26th, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Tina Franks, The Ohio State University Libraries

JUST ADDED: Bullying in the Workplace<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=353&reset=1>
A workplace bully can negatively impact not only their targeted victim but also staff morale as a whole, employee productivity, employee safety, and teamwork.  Attendees will learn about strategies for identifying, addressing, and preventing bullying behavior in the workplace.
Thursday, Dec. 8th, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Julie Whitt, Upper Arlington Public Library

Fundamentals of Cataloging series now offering new topics

JUST ADDED—Beginner’s Guide to BIBFRAME<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=352&reset=1>,

Are you baffled by BIBFRAME?  Whether your library is reeling from the switch to RDA or your staff is ready for the next challenge, come to learn about how our current cataloging practices and record formats are creating barriers for web users trying to find library resources.

Tuesday Oct. 11th, 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Presenter: Tim Keller, Baldwin Wallace University

Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers--All sessions presented by Misty Alvaro
Do you work with cataloging or records maintenance at your library?  Could you user a better understanding of how subject headings are assigned?  Checking out these sessions (both in-person and online options) which will jumpstart your journey.  We will explore the variety of subject heading systems, discuss cataloger’s judgement and bias, and teach attendees about MARC21 coding for subject headings.  Click the links below for more information and registration options for each session.

IN-PERSON, day-long Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=342&reset=1>
Tuesday, Sept. 13th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM, in-person at OhioNET

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Overview of Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers (Session 1)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=298&reset=1>
Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Tools for Copy Catalogers (Session 2)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=299&reset=1>
Tuesday, Nov. 29th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Suggested Workflows (Session 3)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=300&reset=1>
Tuesday, Dec. 3rd, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)

Reference Skills and Resources series focuses on freely available tools to help you get your users the information they need.

Maps: Interpreting Current & Historical Resources<http://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3612&qid=>
Maps can paint a vivid picture, if you know what to look for. Discover sources for accessing map data including Sanborn Maps, historical atlases, county engineer's maps and more.
Thursday, Sept. 8th, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Primary Sources Online<http://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3614&qid=>
Whether you're working with the Common Core standards or undergraduate library instruction, knowing how and where to locate digital copies of primary source material can help you help your patrons.
Wednesday, Dec. 7th, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming events!

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend our almost all in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level and price will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

If you find yourself with questions, please don’t hesitate to contact….
Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>