[OPLINLIST] OhioNET's Cultivating Connections series continues with 3 data-related sessions

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Dec 8 12:06:24 EST 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

We're pleased to continue our successful new series, Cultivating Connections, in 2017 with three (3) data-related webinars scheduled for early 2017.  Check out the brief descriptions and click the links listed below for more information and registration options.  To see all our currently scheduled upcoming events, please head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar>.

Simple Data-Visualization Solutions<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=403&reset=1>
If you're not already comfortable creating visualizations, you might think it's hard to get started.  Maybe you've tried software, like Tableau, that offered a multitude of options but found it complex and overwhelming.  Fortunately there are simpler options might meet your needs just as effectively.  Whether you're already regularly collecting data or just thinking about how establish a process for your library, this session will introduce easy-to-use, online tools that you can start using today.
Thursday, Jan. 26th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Kirstin Krumsee, State Library of Ohio

Understanding, Acquiring, and Managing Usage Statistics<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=401&reset=1>
If you're new to working with data or if you're interested in new sources and solutions, plan to attend this online session in which attendees will have the opportunity to understand challenges and standards of data collection, identify and prioritize available data sources, and explore tools and tips for managing data sets.
Tuesday, Mar. 28th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Jennifer Bazeley, Miami University

Utilizing Usage Statistics<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=402&reset=1>
Now that you've got your data, what can you *do* with it?  This session takes the next step in this series by guiding attendees through a series of potential options to put that data to work.  We'll give an overview of 3 major usage areas-analyzing, sharing, and re-purposing-and the tools and tips appropriate for each to help you get started.
Tuesday, May 16th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Jennifer Bazeley, Miami University

Can't make it during the scheduled time?  You'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help!

Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>