[OPLINLIST] OhioNET's 2017 CE schedule kicks off with cataloging!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Dec 14 14:44:11 EST 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

2017 is almost here and OhioNET is ready to get going!  Head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> to see full listing of everything we have scheduled so far.

Fundamentals of Cataloging
We start off the new year with a new webinar in our FoC series--Discovering Discovery Layers<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3934&qid=>. If your library uses a discovery layer like EBSCO Discovery Service or Summon/Primo AND you could use a better understanding of how they work and how to help users effectively use them, sign up to join us today! Attendees will hear from Sarah Schaff (Discovery Librarian at Denison University) as she gives an overview of their purposes, structures and uses.
Discovering Discovery Layers: An Introduction<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3935&qid=>
Tuesday, Jan. 24th from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Live ONLINE

Cataloging continues in February, when we will offer our Introduction and Basic Description webinars.  If you're new to cataloging or need an RDA-friendly refresher, begin at the beginning with these sessions.  Created for individuals who primarily practice copy-cataloging, this series provides a solid foundation for our other cataloging training sessions.  Each two-hour webinar features real-time quizzes, practice time, and other interactive tools.
Note:  This is the only instance of these sessions for the whole of 2017
Click the links below for more information and registration options.
Session 1<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=355>-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Basic Cataloging Overview
Tuesday, Feb. 7th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM) Live ONLINE
Session 2<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=356>-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Meet MARC
Tuesday, Feb. 14th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM) Live ONLINE
Session 3<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=357>-Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2
Tuesday, Feb. 21st (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM) Live ONLINE
Presenter: Sarah Schaff, Denison University

Because we know different people have different learning preferences, we also offer this introductory content in a day-long workshop format.  If you think you might benefit from some hands-on time in a small-group, face-to-face setting, then sign up for our one-day, in-person session...
Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=372>
Tuesday, Mar. 7th (9:30 AM to 3:30 PM) at OhioNET (1500 W. Lane Ave., Columbus, OH)
Presenter: Misty Alvaro, Upper Arlington Public Library

Can't make it during the scheduled times?  You'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.
Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help!

Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>