[OPLINLIST] Jumpstart your Cataloging Expertise with OhioNET’s Introduction & Basic Description Series (3/29; 4/5-4/19)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Feb 24 10:39:01 EST 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

We are pleased to announce a new round of our long-running series, the Fundamentals of Cataloging.  If you’re new to cataloging or need an RDA-friendly refresher, begin at the beginning with Introduction & Basic Description.  Created for individuals who primarily practice copy-cataloging, this course provides a solid foundation for our other cataloging training sessions.  We cover core cataloging concepts and processes and demonstrate how to describe our most numerous resource—books.  In just a few weeks, OhioNET will be offering this content in two formats. Click the links below for more information and registration options.

In-Person
If you think you might benefit from some hands-on time in a small-group, face-to-face setting to increase your comfort with common copy cataloging tasks, then sign up for our day-long, in-person session, Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=311>, to be held on Tuesday, Mar. 29th (9:30 AM to 3:30 PM).

Web-Based
If online learning is your best option, we offer the same content in a convenient web-based format that allows you to learn right from your desk.  Each two-hour webinar in the series features real-time quizzes, practice time, and other interactive tools.  All registrants for each session will receive a link to an archived recording of the webinar within 24-hours of broadcast.

·        Session 1—Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Basic Cataloging Overview<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=314> will be Tuesday, Apr. 5th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

·        Session 2—Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Meet MARC<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=315> will be Tuesday, Apr. 12th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

·        Session 3—Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=316> will be Tuesday, Apr. 19th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend our in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the drop-down list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Check out our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET