[OPLINLIST] LAST CHANCE for Building Blocks of Interpersonal Communication at OhioNET (7/20/16)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Jul 14 10:54:13 EDT 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

Next Wednesday (July 20th), OhioNET will be hosting the next webinar in our new Cultivating Connections series.  We're bringing back Dr. Miriam Matteson to lead attendees through the basic elements of interpersonal communication.  We'll discuss the most common communication tasks-explaining, questioning, listening, and reflecting-and how to assess and develop your skills in these areas.  Click the link below to get more information and complete our online registration form.

Building Blocks of Interpersonal Communication<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=338&reset=1>
Wednesday, July 20th, 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Matteson, Kent State University

Remember: Even if you aren't able to join us in real-time, you'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who has registered will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session.

Check out these other upcoming sessions in OhioNET's new CE series, Cultivating Connections, which are designed to help library staff to foster positive and valuable connections-with end users, with stakeholders, and with colleagues.

Become a Trusted Librarian: Tactics and Service Models that Build Relationships<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=346&reset=1>
Drawing on her experience working in public, corporate and (now) academic libraries, our presenter offers a unique perspective to help attendees explore service models and trust-building techniques to build relationships with patrons that will return time and again.
Monday, Sept. 26th, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Tina Franks, The Ohio State University Libraries

Skills for Small Group Decision-Making and Problem-Solving<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=351&reset=1>
Learn about where groups often go wrong (or right!) in decision-making and problem-solving.  Attendees will gather tips for what groups can do to increase the likelihood of good group outcomes and learn to recognize situations where these techniques would be helpful.
Thursday, Nov. 17th, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Matteson, Kent State University

More sessions coming soon!  Watch our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for updates and a full listing of all our scheduled events.

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend our in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help!

If you have questions about any of OhioNET's CE events, please contact...
Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>