[OPLINLIST] Last chance to refresh your serials cataloging skills with OhioNET’s Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE (5/17-5/31)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Fri May 13 14:38:52 EDT 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

Sign up by 11:59 PM, Monday May 16th to join us for the next set of sessions in our long-running Fundamentals of Cataloging series.  We’ll be covering the key issues, MARC fields, and bibliographic elements you need to consider when it comes to cataloging any kind of periodical resource.  Just as with our other Fundamentals of Cataloging sessions, this workshop is geared toward folks who primarily find and edit existing bibliographic records but provides a solid introduction to what you need to know to work with both physical and electronic formats of serial resources.

Each two-hour webinar in the series features real-time quizzes, practice time, and other interactive tools.  All registrants for each session will receive a link to an archived recording of the webinar within 24-hours of broadcast.  Click the links below to sign up for each session of interest to you.

  *   Session 1—Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Serials Cataloging Overview<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=317> will be Tuesday, May 17th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)
  *   Session 2—Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: MARC for Serials<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=318> will be Tuesday, May 24th (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)
  *   Session 3—Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2 for Serials<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=319> will be Tuesday, May 31st (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM)

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend our in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Looking for more cataloging courses?  Head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> to learn about our upcoming sessions on working with Common AV Formats and Subject Analysis tips for copy catalogers and to see a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

If you have questions about or suggestions for any of OhioNET’s CE events, please don’t hesitate to contact…
Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>