[OPLINLIST] NEO Regional Library System Newsletter

Rachelle Perry rachelle.perry at neo-rls.org
Mon May 23 11:48:26 EDT 2016

“Please excuse duplicate postings”

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://www.myneotoday.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_2473007.htm>

[cid:header461]
NEONews

Weekly Update

  *   Register for Summer Classes!
  *   Market Like a Pro
  *   Celebrate with Us!
  *   A Note from the
Director of Success
  *   Movin' Up

A Note from the
Director of Success
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/29342_05022016093504.jpg]I have been busy reading lots of information about the changing workforce in the United States and it is mentioned over and over again that the values of those born 1965-1995 (Generation X and Millennials) tend to focus on the opportunity to learn, the opportunity to lead and the desire to engage in something that makes a difference.  Clearly, working in our region’s libraries constitutes engagement in something that makes a difference.  I am happy to say that NEO also fulfills the other two criteria.  Our continuing education offerings provide learning opportunities for every library team member, regardless of area or level.  We also provide a myriad number of opportunities to support growth as a leader, from participation on the NEO Board of Trustees or its associated committees to being a presenter at a workshop to attending the New Supervisors Academy or the Directors’ Retreat.  It is reassuring to know that NEO is able to respond to the values of a changing workforce.   I look forward to hearing about new ways that we can support your desire to learn and to lead.

Movin' Up
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/29754_05232016100737.jpg]Transitioning from Peer to Supervisor!  You aced the interview and are being promoted!  Now that you are a supervisor there are many things to learn and challenges to navigate as you begin your new role.  One change is that many people don't anticipate is the change in your relationships with your coworkers.  This webinar will discuss the transition period and important steps you should take to start on the right rack as a manager. Join us Wednesday, June 15th at 10 a.m. From Your Desktop.  <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37548>

Register for Summer Classes!

2016 Directors' Retreat<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37183>
05/25/2016- 05/26/2016
Toastmasters<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37228>
05/31/2016
LCD Series: Your Culture Your Career<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38153>
06/02/2016
Emerging Technologies Symposium<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38524>
06/03/2016
Best Practices in Book Repair<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38043>
06/07/2016
A Day for Page Supervisors: Solving Page Problems<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=36208>
06/08/2016
10th ANNIVERSARY<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37547>
06/09/2016
Readers' Advisory Network<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38692>
06/09/2016
Best Practices in Technology Training<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38135>
06/14/2016
Bringing the Consumer Electronics Show to Your Library<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37211>
06/15/2016
Movin' Up: Transitioning from Peer to Supervisor<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37548>
06/15/2016
A Day for Marketing: Market Like a Pro<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37736>
06/16/2016
Fiscal Officer Networking<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38689>
06/17/2016
If It's Broke, Fix It: Handling Leftover Challenges Effectively<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37767>
06/22/2016
Best Practices in Cataloging<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38136>
06/28/2016
Effective Workplace Communication for New Supervisors<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38226>
07/06/2016
Training Chat<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38228>
07/07/2016
Best Practices in Merchandising : Creating diverse displays with no budget!<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38230>
07/12/2016
Setting Performance Goals, Evaluations and Coaching<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38227>
07/13/2016
Ewwww! Is that a bed bug?<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38241>
07/14/2016
An Office in your Pocket<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38232>
07/20/2016
A Day for Circ Staff<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39535>
07/21/2016
Youth Services Chat<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38229>
07/28/2016

Market Like a Pro
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/29752_05232016095024.jpg]Here from the best of the best.  Rebecca McFarland, retired Marketing and Communications Manager, Euclid Public Library, Lori Weber, Marketing Manager, Geauga County Public Library and Linette Porter-Metler, Community Relations/ Public Affairs, Mount Vernon Public Library will share there top tips for marketing.  Bring your questions and leave with solutions and ideas to put into practice.  Join us for A Day for Marketing, Thursday, June 16th at the NEO office.<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37736>
Celebrate with Us!
Join us on Thursday, June 9th<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=37547> at 1 pm and celebrate 10 years with NEO!

[http://myneotoday.org/photos/29755_05232016100852.jpg]

Template 1 - NEONews