[OPLINLIST] FW: NEO News: Multilingualism, Career Day, Be a Better Communicator, and Summer Reading

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Oct 3 10:13:52 EDT 2016

Are you receiving the NEO Newsletter below?  If not sign up for a MyNEO account.
Here is how:

·        Click the following link http://www.viethconsulting.com/members/memberinfo/neo_reg_options.php?org_id=NEOL

·        Choose I work at an Ohio Library and follow the prompts.

·        If you have difficulty please call the NEO Office and we will be happy to assist you.  330-655-0531

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here... <http://www.myneotoday.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_2473007.htm>

[cid:header461]
NEONews

Weekly Update

  *   A Note from NEO's Executive Director
  *   Still Time to Register for October Classes
  *   Want to be a Better Communicator?
  *   Back to the Book Seats Going Fast
  *   Now We're Talkin: Multilingualism at the Library
  *   Adult Summer Reading Registration Open
  *   Be Ready for Your Next Career Opportunity
  *   Mark Your Calendars for Summer Reading Programs Near You

Now We're Talkin: Multilingualism at the Library
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/32734_10032016084212.jpg]<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39368>What lingual gems might your staff and community be hoarding?  Learn how the Westerville Public Library has engage their staff and community to reach non-native English speakers with name badges, grants, and community partners. Join us from YOUR Desktop on Wednesday, October 12th at 10 a.m.<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39368>
Adult Summer Reading Registration Open
The 2017 Collaborative Summer Library Program theme is Build a Better World. What does this mean for you and your adult patrons? This workshop will look at various ways to make this theme work for your library. Get off your “buts” and brainstorm creative program and display ideas. Explore the value of partnerships for your summer reading program and beyond. Bring new ideas back to your library, connect with your community and build a better summer.  Thursday, December 1st at Kent Free Library. <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41231>
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/32736_10032016085714.jpg]<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41231>
Be Ready for Your Next Career Opportunity
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/32737_10032016090747.jpg]
NEO is thrilled to be offering Career Day for the second year in a row.  Not only is this program for students and those that are seeking employment, but also for staff that need to be prepared for their next career move.  The program will consist of producing winning resumes, preparing for effective interviews, networking, being a success on the job, and so much more.  Bring your resume for a personalized review by the experts.   Don't miss Career Day on Thursday, November 17th.<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41037>
Mark Your Calendars for Summer Reading Programs Near You
Tuesday, January 10th
Mansfield Richland County Public Library
Friday, January 27th
Warren Trumbull County Public Library
Teen Summer Reading
Thursday, February 9th
Hudson Library and Historical Society
Friday, February 17th
Westlake Porter Public Library

A Note from NEO's Executive Director
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/29342_05022016093504.jpg]Last week we announced that the Board of Trustees had lowered the Geographic Member prices for workshops and webinars effective September 20, 2016.  Today I am happy to announce that the Board voted to keep all Gold, Silver, Bronze, Academic, School and Special Library Member dues the same for the 2017-18 fiscal year (FTEs will be recalculated based on the information submitted to the State Library of Ohio).  For those of you that need to start planning your budget for next year, we will be mailing out the Letters of Intent by the end of October.  Each Letter will be accompanied by our 2015-16 Annual Report and a Membership Benefits Packet.  I hope that you will take the time to look over the information.  We are constantly working to offer our Gold, Silver and Bronze Members the best possible value for your dues and we will be adding FREE live and archived webinars to the Silver Member level and FREE archived webinars to the Bronze Member level.  In addition, some of our fees for services will be changing and Gold Members will receive 4 FREE hours of consulting.  We thank all of our members for your support.  If you need your Letter of Intent prior to the end of October for planning purposes, please contact me at betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org<mailto:betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org>.
Still Time to Register for October Classes

Best Practices in Motivating Staff <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39366>
10/04/2016
NEO Staff Day<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=40714>
10/10/2016
Now We're Talkin: Multilingualism at the Library<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39368>
10/12/2016
Best Practices in Communication<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39369>
10/18/2016
A Day for Circ Staff<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=38225>
10/19/2016
Back to the Book Jr. : It’s Story Time!<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39370>
10/21/2016
Best Practices in Project Management <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=40224>
10/25/2016
How to Draw Attention Your Library’s Social Media Posts<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41046>
11/02/2016
Back to the Book XVII: Who Done It! <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39372>
11/03/2016
Art of Customer Service<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41017>
11/09/2016
Best Practices in Weeding<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41019>
11/16/2016
Career Day <http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41037>
11/17/2016
Hottest Tech Toys for the Holidays<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41022>
11/18/2016
HR Networking Event<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=41230>
11/18/2016

Want to be a Better Communicator?
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/32735_10032016084643.jpg]Warning!  Bad communication habits may cause unnecessary stress and confusion in your work life.  Even if you consider yourself a good communicator, you’re probably making some communication mistakes without even realizing it. It is essential to possess great communication skills.  This 3 hour course will be an interactive experience that will cover:

  *        Fundamental communications principles
  *        The impact of infrastructure on communication practices
  *        Team-based communications
  *         Effective written communication and effective verbal communication
  *         Setting expectations when delegating
      communication responsibilities to others
Tuesday, October 18th at the NEO Office.<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39369>
Back to the Book Seats Going Fast
Register Today<http://www.viethconsulting.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=39372>
[http://myneotoday.org/photos/32738_10032016091054.jpg]