[OPLINLIST] LSTA Five Year Evaluation survey – REMINDER!

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Thu Oct 13 12:41:48 EDT 2016

Please excuse multiples postings…

Dear Ohio Librarian:

There is still time to participate in an important survey being conducted by the State Library of Ohio!

The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) requires each state to regularly evaluate their Five-Year Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) plan.  We are conducting a survey of Ohio librarians to gather information and opinions on Ohio’s 2013-2017 LSTA Grant Program to Libraries, and statewide Library Services.
The results of this survey will:

·        Gather information and opinions on the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Grant Program and statewide Library Services

·        Help the State Library evaluate the current use of LSTA funds

·        Assist the State Library in developing its new Five Year Plan for 2018-2022
The survey is available at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6SYRM6T.

We anticipate that the survey will take approximately 20-25 minutes to complete.

You will be able to complete the survey in multiple sessions if needed, but we do encourage you to complete the entire survey prior to submission. You can enter and exit the survey at any time.  There is an icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen to ‘exit the survey’. To do this “exit/reenter” of the survey, you will need to enable cookies on your browser as this is the way SurveyMonkey tracks the respondent.  Additionally, you will need to use the same browser.   To exit and return to the survey, you will need to use the same workstation/laptop.

A PDF version of the survey is attached to this email.  You can use the PDF version of the survey to review the questions before you complete the survey.  We suggest that you print a PDF copy of the survey so that you can consider the answers prior to entering them online.

The survey deadline is October 21, 2016. To protect the confidentiality of your responses, all responses will be tabulated by an independent market research firm, and findings will only be reported in the aggregate.

If you have any questions about the survey, please contact project consultants Tom Clareson at tom.clareson at lyrasis.org<mailto:tom.clareson at lyrasis.org> or 614-439-1796, or Liz Bishoff at Liz.bishoff at gmail.com<mailto:Liz.bishoff at gmail.com> or 720-542-3873.

Your opinions are vital to the evaluation of the State Library of Ohio’s LSTA program, and the use of LSTA funds on projects and services in the future. Thank you for participating in this important study.

Sincerely,

Missy Lodge
Associate State Librarian for Library Development
State Library of Ohio

[StateLibraryLogo-smaller-AA2]

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>

Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.