[OPLINLIST] Digital Patrons

Brad Stephens bkstephens at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:30:58 EDT 2016

Like many of you, our library has seen patron borrowing habits change
rapidly over the last 24-30 months.  Many of our regular print readers have
moved from "no digital books" or "sometimes digital books" to "only digital
books".  Something we've found is that when patrons switch to "only
digital" they seem to borrow 30-50% fewer items over a given period of
time. I have theories about the cause but am curious if other libraries are
experiencing similar trends among their borrowers.

I'd also love to hear about any great ideas you've had to promote your
services to "only digital" patrons.  Facebook ads? Email campaigns?
Something else?

Thanks,
Brad

---