[OPLINLIST] Join us for the last Fundamentals of Cataloging series of 2016--Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers (11/15)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Oct 20 10:42:50 EDT 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

Do you work with cataloging or records maintenance at your library?  Could you use a better understanding of how subject headings are assigned?  Checking out these sessions will jumpstart your journey.  We will explore the variety of subject heading systems, discuss cataloger's judgement and bias, and teach attendees about MARC21 coding for subject headings.  Click the links below for more information and registration options for each session.

Series Presenter: Misty Alvaro, Upper Arlington Public Library
Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Overview of Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers (Session 1)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=343>
Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Tools for Copy Catalogers (Session 2)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=344>
Tuesday, Nov. 29th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Suggested Workflows (Session 3)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=345>
Tuesday, Dec. 6th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)

Even if you aren't able to join us in real-time, you'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.

Don't forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're happy to help!

This is the last FoC series for 2016, but our 2017 cataloging sessions (both in-person and online) are listed on the Training Calendar through May.  If you need to begin at the beginning with your cataloging training, check out our introductory series....

Series Presenter: Sarah Schaff, Denison University
Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Basic Cataloging Overview<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=355&reset=1>
Tuesday, Feb. 7th from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, Live ONLINE

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Meet MARC<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=356&reset=1>
Tuesday, Feb. 14th from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, Live ONLINE

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs. AACR2<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=357&reset=1>
Tuesday, Feb. 21st from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, Live ONLINE

If you find yourself with questions, please don't hesitate to contact...
Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>