[OPLINLIST] Press release from OPLIN

Chad Neeper via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Sat Apr 1 16:41:17 EDT 2017

This new OPLIN service sounds interesting and particularly useful. Tinfoil
Cranial Protection (TCP) is cheap, re-usable, and can easily be customized
for each patron, but it IS an added cost, has some limited physical space
requirements, and wears out with use. Soundless Sensory Language (SSL) is a
little more complicated and I'm still evaluating it. However, I have a
couple of questions:  Is TCP (and maybe SSL) to be provided/funded by OPLIN
or is it the individual library's responsibility to fund these components?
Is this E-Rate eligible? Also, as the individual TCPs wear out and need
repairs, is it the individual library's responsibility to provide the
repairs or should we call OPLIN Support?

Thanks in advance,
Chad
*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 <(740)%20548-8070> (voice)
866-214-6607 <(866)%20214-6607> (fax)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*