[OPLINLIST] Database of the Month: Business Source Premier

Mandy Knapp via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Tue Apr 18 08:34:15 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I hope this day finds you well. Each month I'll be bringing a resource
available from Ohio Web Library <http://ohioweblibrary.org/> to your
attention. This April, let's take a look at Business Source Premier
(http://www.ohioweblibrary.org/business
<http://ohioweblibrary.org/business>).

*Business Source Premier* offers information from business publications
as well as tens of thousands of company profiles.  It contains news and
journal articles on marketing, management, accounting and more. Also
included are company profiles, industry and marketing reports and
company financial data.

You can use this collection to:

  * Assist local businesses with market research.
  * Find information about public companies for investment purposes.
  * Receive email or RSS alerts of new articles from trade and business
    journals, such as the Harvard Business Review or HR Weekly.

Quick Start Guides & Tip Sheets

  * Business Source Premier User Guide
    <http://support.ebsco.com/promotion/promo_resources/Files/Col1/Business%20Source%20Databases/Business%20Source/Business_Source_User_Guide.pdf>This
    one-page flier from EBSCO can assist in promoting this resource.
  * Getting Started Guide (PDF)
    <http://oplin.org/db-handouts/Ebsco-Business.pdf>This one-page guide
    created by OPLIN is designed to get your patrons started.

Tutorials and Presentations

  * /Business Source/: Basic Searching Tutorial
    <https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Business_Searching/Training_Promotion/Business_Source_Basic_Searching_Tutorial>
  * /Business Source/: Advanced Searching Tutorial
    <https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Business_Searching/Training_Promotion/Business_Source_Advanced_Searching_Tutorial>
  * All EBSCO webinars.
    <https://ebscotraining.webex.com/mw3100/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=ebscotraining>
    Check this list of all available webinars from EBSCO to see training
    options

Best,

--

Mandy Knapp