[OPLINLIST] Last call for Fundamentals of Cataloging: Common AV Formats with OhioNET!

Heidi Beke-Harrigan via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Thu Aug 3 15:30:48 EDT 2017

Are complex AV items tying up your cataloging workflow? Go from processing to shelf more quickly with Fundamentals of Cataloging for AV Formats. We break things down for you to cover the basics of working effectively with commonly found formats (like CDs, DVDs, and streaming files), and teach you how to identify records, select the best records for copy cataloging, understand (and watch for) all the RDA-related changes to AV records, create and alter records in these formats, and explore freely available resources to support your cataloging.  Depending on your schedule and learning style, you can choose from two different formats to access the same content.

For our day-long, in-person session (to be held next Tuesday, 8/8 at OhioNET), CLICK HERE<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=374>.

For our 4-part, online series, click on the links below...

Session 1 - Overview of Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=364>
Session 2 - MARC for Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=365>
Session 3 - RDA vs AACR2 for DVDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=366>
Session 4 - RDA vs AACR2 for CDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=368>

Don't forget to select your organization from the drop-down field during registration and the cost will be automatically calculated.

Looking for more CE?  Check out the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of our other CE options, don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we're always happy to help!

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1086 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org