[OPLINLIST] Newspapers and more! Design your own local history toolkit with OhioNET.

Heidi Beke-Harrigan via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Mon Aug 14 11:02:04 EDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D314EC.C1AC0570]

Dr. Miriam Kahn will share her expertise through a webinar and workshop series to help you breathe new life into your library's unique collections and mine the depths of all that historical sources have to offer.

Start with our upcoming Aug. 30th event  - Newspapers: Easy Ways to Find & Use Current & Historical Content<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=377&reset=1>. Whether the question involves genealogical research, a school project or just wanting more information, if you have patrons who struggle to find historical news items, this webinar is for you. We'll learn how to search for (and use!) this type of information in both freely available and subscription-based online newspaper resources, including the Library of Congress' Chronicling America, America's Obituaries and Death Notices, and more.

In October we'll continue exploring special sources for local history with a closer look at City Directories<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=378&reset=1>.

Would you like to meet a community need, deepen local relationships or share a library treasure? Translate those dreams into reality with a Hands-on Local History Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=379&reset=1>,  where Dr. Kahn will guide you through a day-long exploration of the sources and strategies to consider as you envision your own community-centered project.

Pick one event or attend them all! Each topic can stand on its own or help you build your expertise for a specific project goal.  Looking for more CE options?  Check out the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a complete list of all our currently scheduled events.  If you find yourself with questions, don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>.  We're always happy to help.

See you soon!

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1086 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org