[OPLINLIST] Join us for this FREE webinar on the power of linked data on 9/13/17

Shelly Miller via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed Aug 30 11:06:47 EDT 2017

Linked data--you've probably come across this concept in the last few years.  It's a term that we use frequently in our Fundamentals of Cataloging sessions, as we discuss the changes that our new cataloging standard, RDA, has brought to technical services workflows. But linked data can impact so much more than your cataloging records.  Linked data is a powerful tool that can make all your library's assets (materials, events, programs, databases and services) discoverable in local web searches, casting the widest possible net for library outreach.

Attendees to this FREE session, co-sponsored by Demco, will hear from Ravi Singh (Executive Director at Demco Software) as he discusses how linked data is being used in other industries and the benefits it brings.  Additionally, we will discuss why linked data practices have been difficult to implement in the library world and how you can use linked data to promote more than just your collection. Including a brief demonstration of Demco's new linked data product, DiscoverLocal<http://demcosoftware.com/products/discoverlocal/?utm_source=webinar&utm_medium=consortia&utm_campaign=9.13.17_Ohionet>, this session will discuss the importance of programs, events, and services in helping your library to become an increasingly relevant and necessary asset in your community. We'll also hear from Catherine Hakala-Ausperk, Ohio native and 32-year public library veteran, who will share her experiences running programs and will talk about how libraries can continually use new technologies to better serve their communities.

Mark your calendar and plan to join us for...

All About Linked Data: How Can it Help My Library?<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4865&qid=325153>
Wednesday, September 13th, 2 PM to 3PM, Live ONLINE
Presenters: Ravi Singh and Catherine Hakala-Ausperk

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37