[OPLINLIST] Don't Miss Competency-Based Outreach with OhioNET on 9/6!

Heidi Beke-Harrigan via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Thu Aug 31 11:40:50 EDT 2017

Sometimes we need to step back and reassess the how and why of what we do. Competency-Based Outreach showcases a practicum project that is relevant to anyone wanting to enhance outreach and engagement. The project combined the culmination of library education and 10 years of state human resources experience to result in a series of 66 competency-based resource guides (pathfinders) for state employees. The insights and tips Matthew learned during this process are universally applicable to good planning and effective outreach. In this hour you'll learn:

  *          How HR data was compiled, analyzed, manipulated, and graphically presented
  *          How resources were matched to the outlined competencies (and how the awesome staff at the State Library of Ohio helped!)
  *          Suggestions on how to apply this approach in your library

Mark your calendar and plan to join us for...

Competency-Based Outreach<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=407&reset=1>
Wednesday, September 6th, 4PM to 5PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Matthew Dyer

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1086 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org