[OPLINLIST] Build resilience into ‘service with a smile’ with OhioNET

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Dec 19 11:35:08 EST 2017

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D378BD.6BC10400]

How often have you heard “I’d love to be a librarian and read books?” Librarianship, like other service-intensive professions (nursing, food service, retail, social work-just to name a few) carries an often unspoken rule for employees to “put on a happy face.” This need is an invisible but powerful dimension of work-life for many of us serving in libraries and other information service centers.  In this session, join Dr. Miriam Matteson and OhioNET's own Shelly Miller, to discuss the science behind these emotional requirements and hear suggestions, for both individuals and organizations, on how to lessen the negative impacts these tasks can bring as you increase or regain your engagement with the work you love.

Introduction to Emotional Labor<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=436>
Wednesday, January 17th, 2 PM to 3 PM
Presenters: Dr. Miriam Matteson & Shelly Miller

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

Looking for more sessions in our Cultivating Connections series?  Check out the webinar below or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a complete listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Building Blocks of Interpersonal Communication<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=445>
Discuss the most common communication tasks—explaining, questioning, listening, and reflecting—and how to assess and develop your skills.
Monday, Apr. 23rd, 2:30 PM to 4 PM
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Matteson

Please don’t hesitate to ask us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>) if you find yourself with questions about these or any of our other CE options.  We’re always happy to help!

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37