[OPLINLIST] Prospecting for Business Patrons

Stuart Gibbs via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Thu Feb 16 10:12:37 EST 2017

Hello,

I am looking at providing a prospecting class for area businesses using Library resources (articles from journals, ReferenceUSA, Lynda.com, and more) that could help sales people with various types of businesses.  Do any other libraries do this?

Currently our library supports many business programs that include helping patrons locate demographics, customers, and suppliers.
http://www.libraryvisit.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/BIC-schedule-2017.pdf

In our classes, we also provide a how to guide to starting a business, researching a company, and locating industry information.

Does anyone else do this type of programming to support businesses in your community?
What is/does your library do to support the Governor’s Workforce –Public Libraries Roles?
http://olc.org/blog/2016/12/14/governors-executive-workforce-board-report-explores-role-ohios-public-libraries/

I look forward to hearing from you.

Stuart Gibbs
Business Librarian
Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
http://www.libraryvisit.org/business/