[OPLINLIST] Yearbook Guidance

Mandy Knapp via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed Feb 22 11:45:55 EST 2017

Hello all,

I hope this day finds you well. We've had a number of libraries contact us
looking for guidance on digitization--specifically digitization of
yearbooks using an outside vendor. Attached is a short guide intended to
help you ask the right questions about the digitization services you will
receive.

Many libraries have had success using an outside vendor to digitize their
yearbooks. This can be an easy and cost-effective solution. However, it’s
important to do your homework beforehand.  While much of your decision will
be governed by budget limitations, asking these questions will save you
headaches in the long-term. Following the vendor questions, we have
included a few points for you to consider as well.

Other questions or concerns? Please ask; it is my pleasure to assist you.

Best,
Mandy Knapp
Digital Resources Manager
Phone:  614-728-5252