[OPLINLIST] Request for Proposal

Ashley Gahm via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed Jul 26 12:54:37 EDT 2017

Request for Proposal

We are a team of four librarians from around Ohio who are participating in ILEAD Ohio 2017, a program that teaches librarians to work with each other, develop their leadership skills, and use participatory and emerging technologies to solve a clear problem in their community. This project and our team project is grant-funded with support in-part by the State Library of Ohio with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Additional support is provided by the Kent University School of Library and Information Science. Team members include Erin Kelsey, Dana Bjorklund, Cindy Lindsay, and Ashley Gahm.

Project is grant funded therefore final cost for design and web hosting cannot exceed $2,500

Purpose

This RFP is for a designer to create a website for libraries, library staff, and the communities they serve that provides resources, programming, and up-to-date information during turbulent political times. The resource will connect minorities and oppressed groups to local resources and information. Ohio libraries serve diverse populations and operate on a hyperlocal level to meet the needs of their communities. We want this website to be a useful resource in every community for access to information, media literacy, programs to facilitate understanding within the community, and programs to provide resources for those affected by new policies and laws.

Content

The selected designer will be able to develop a flexible, informative web site that is easy to maintain. The site must be user friendly and be able to deliver large amounts of constantly changing information to our key audiences. In addition to designing a user-friendly site with an intuitive interface, the selected designer must be able to provide a web-based, database-driven administration tool that allows key team members to easily update content without directly accessing source code. Team United will maintain ultimate editorial control of content.

To be effective, the web site must be:

  *   Easy and intuitive
  *   Visually pleasing
  *   Informative
  *   Safe and secure
  *   Quick to load and operate

Proposal Submission and Timeline

The selected individual will have:

  *   Ability to communicate in a timely and effective manner (i.e., responding to requests within 72 hours)
  *   Ability to complete tasks on schedule
  *   Demonstrated ability to create websites
  *   Proficiency with WordPress.org
  *   Ability to meet with Team United either in person or via conference call or web meetings

Proposals to this request are due by August 4, 2017. We will review all proposals and respond to all parties by August 11, 2017. A draft of the website is due by September 15, 2017, with the final product due by September 30, 2017.

The hired web designer is expected to deliver a fully functional WordPress.org website and theme into which content and pages can then be added by website administrators. Documentation may be requested upon receipt of deliverables.

Please provide the following to teamunitedohio at googlegroups.com<mailto:teamunitedohio at googlegroups.com> by August 4, 2017

  *   Sample websites, including experience with WordPress.org plugins and customization
  *   References for clients with whom you’ve worked closely
  *   Proposal, timeline, and quote

Ashley Gahm

Patron Services Manager

Marysville Public Library