[OPLINLIST] Job Posting

Kathy Stengel kstengel at midpointelibrary.org
Thu Apr 12 09:53:43 EDT 2018

MidPointe Library System

Branch Manager

Liberty Center, Liberty Township, Ohio

Due to a new branch location opening soon, we have an exciting opening for
a community-minded branch manager to lead our Liberty Center branch!

Your professional, supervisory, and leadership skills will assist the team
in ensuring that patrons have a pleasant and positive library experience.
Your active participation in library programs, events, and community
activities will enhance our community involvement and will maintain our
working relationship with schools, the community, and local organizations.

*DESCRIPTION SUMMAR**Y*

   - Provide leadership and direction to team regarding all library services
   - Monitor and assess patron and staff needs, evaluating, enhancing, and
   developing services and programs
   -  Perform a variety of supervisory duties for team, including
   scheduling, training, staff development, and performance assessments
   - Oversee and participate in all public services operations including
   programming and outreach
   -  Responsible for branch budget, as applicable
   - Develop and maintain working relationship with the community,
   including Liberty Township schools, Liberty Center mall, daycares,
   preschools, community groups, and organizations

*QUALIFICATIONS:*

   - Progressively responsible prior library experience with excellent
   working knowledge of all library services
   - Prior experience with educational programming for youth audiences is
   required Bachelor’s degree required; MLS degree from ALA accredit school
   highly desired
   -  Minimum 3 years supervisory experience and program coordination
   experience desired
   - A strong service ethic, customer service skills, presentation skills,
   training skills, leadership, and communication skills are essential
   - Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, collaborate, effectively
   problem solve, be organized, and efficient
   - Must be able to interpret and respond quickly to new or changed
   responsibilities and/or situations
   - Excellent computer skills including troubleshooting, using the ILS, MS
   Office, library databases, graphics programs, Google Drive, and the
   Internet required
   - Excellent interpersonal, communication, budgeting, and analytical
   skills are needed

*COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:*

   - Starts at $1,851.20 bi-weekly, more depending on experience
   - Benefits include required OPERS, medical, dental, vision, life,
   vacation, sick time, personal time, professional development, tuition
   reimbursement and much more.

*TO APPLY:*

-A required MidPointe application is available at:

*https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings
<https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings>*

-More information about this opening can be found on our web site at:  *
https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs
<https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs>*

--
Kathy Stengel