[OPLINLIST] Database of the Month: Literary Reference Center

Mandy Knapp mandy at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Feb 14 16:12:38 EST 2018

*Hello all,I hope you're having a lovely day today. Each month I'll be
bringing a resource available from Ohio Web Library
<http://ohioweblibrary.org/> to your attention. This February, let's take a
look at Literary Reference Center <http://www.ohioweblibrary.org/literary>,
a part of our state-wide EBSCO subscription. Literary Reference Center
provides you with abroad spectrum of information on thousands of authors
and their works across time and literary discipline.  Literary Reference
Center contains: - Plot summaries, synopses, and work overviews. - Nearly
100,000 pieces of literary criticism. - Author biographies and interviews.
- More than 693,000 book reviews. - Full-text poems and short stories.
Quick Start Guides & Tip Sheets - Getting Started Guide (PDF)
<http://oplin.org/db-handouts/EBSCOLitRefGSGuide.pdf> This one-page guide
created by OPLIN is designed to get your patrons started. - User Guide.
<https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Literary_Reference_Center/User_Guide>For
an in-depth understanding of Literary Reference Center, try this in-depth
guide. - FAQ.
<https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Literary_Reference_Center/FAQs> This
guide compiles frequently asked questioned about Literary Reference Center.
Tutorials and Presentations - Literary Reference Center -Tutorial.
<https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Literary_Reference_Center/Training_Promotion/Tutorial>
This video tutorial from EBSCO guides users on how to use the interface. -
Scavenger Hunt.
<https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Literary_Reference_Center/Training_Promotion/Scavenger_Hunt>Try
these fun scavenger hunts with staff in order to learn more. - All EBSCO
webinars.
<https://ebscotraining.webex.com/mw3100/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=ebscotraining>
Check this list of all available webinars from EBSCO to see training
options Marketing Materials - Promotional Database Graphics
<https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/database_promotion?tid=42>.These graphics are
available to any Ohio public library to use, on a library's website or
social media. No attribution required. - Promotional Materials from EBSCO.
<https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/Literary_Reference_Center/Training_Promotion/Promotion_Kit>
This promotional kit from EBSCO include bookmarks, posters, graphics and
promotional emails. Other Helpful Links - EBSCO help.
<http://help.ebsco.com/> This website is designed to be a one-stop shop for
all your EBSCO questions - EBSCO training.
<http://support.ebscohost.com/training/> This website links to all EBSCO
training resources, include upcoming and recorded webinars as well as
YouTube Trainings. *
Mandy Knapp
Digital Resources Manager
Phone:  614-728-5252