[OPLINLIST] Job Posting - Dayton Metro Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Wed Jan 24 13:22:47 EST 2018

Senior Patron Services Assistant
Brookville Branch Library

The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Senior Patron Services Assistant to work at our Brookville Branch.  Our Brookville Branch is situated next to the local schools and enjoys a regular crowd of tweens and teens every day after school.  The Senior Patron Services Assistant provides work direction to the Branch's Library Aides and helps to oversee the basic functions of the service desk.  We are looking for an energetic, hardworking, team-oriented individual who is enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service to our patrons.   Join our team today!

Essential Job Duties

  *   Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Responsible for the coordination of the circulation routines.

*         Charges and discharges library materials. Enters circulation data into computer. Assists patrons at self-service stations. Computes and collects fines, registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants.  Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.

  *   Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.

*         Typically trains, schedules, and provides work direction to library aides.  May assist with training circulation substitutes.

*         Completes or coordinates processing book drop returns, sorting delivery and mail, routing materials, searching for holds and missing items, and processing unclaimed requests. May prepare inventory lists to ensure catalog accuracy.

  *   Completes or coordinates completion of the branch/department financial report, counting out the cash drawer and coin bill acceptor, and making bank deposits. Manages branch/department Financial Agreement Accounts, runs Financial Payment Agreement report. May prepare and forward correspondence regarding damaged and missing items.
  *   Serves on Library committees, such as the Senior Patron Services Assistant Round Table.

Job Qualifications

*         High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.

*         Knowledge of circulation policies and procedures preferred.

*         Knowledge of basic reference techniques and resources preferred.

*         Ability to frequently use computer equipment and programs, cash register, and standard office equipment required.

*         Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.

*         Schedule includes day, evening, and Saturday hours.

*         Previous library experience is a plus!

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $15.38 with an exceptional benefits package.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by February 6, 2018.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling