[OPLINLIST] Bexley Public Library - Circulation Assistant - PT position

Kenton Daniels kdaniels at bexleylibrary.org
Mon Jul 23 12:36:07 EDT 2018

 *Position Title: Circulation Assistant*
*Date of Posting: July 23, 2018 *
*Applications Due: Open until filled *
*Rate of Pay: $13.23/hour *

*Designated Hours: 18 hours/week (average hours based on 3-week schedule
rotation) *

Schedule:   On a three-week rotation

*Week 1: Tuesday 5-9pm, Thursday 4-9pm, Friday 9-6pm*
*Week 2: Tuesday 5-9pm, Thursday 4-9pm, Friday 9-6pm*
*Week 3: Tuesday 5-9pm, Thursday 4-9pm, Saturday 9-6pm, Sunday 1-5pm *

Bexley Public Library is an award-winning library that prides itself on
being the heart of our community. We have an enthusiastic team of employees
who are passionate about our mission to enlighten, engage, and inspire a
community of lifelong learners. Together we accomplish our mission by
providing exceptional library service in a dynamic, fun and collaborative
work environment.

detail-oriented individual for the position of part-time Circulation
Assistant. The ideal candidate will be curious, adaptable, dependable,
positive, and have a strong commitment to public service. The Circulation
Department is a fast-paced customer service environment that requires the
ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team. The
Circulation Assistant position involves working directly with patrons to
assist them with their library accounts and using the self-checkout
stations, processing and shelving library materials, using a cash register,
and other similar duties.

* Required Qualifications:* High School Diploma or GED

* Preferred Qualifications:* Customer service and/or library experience
strongly preferred. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to:
maintain confidentiality, handle fine payments and operate a cash register
accurately; sort and file materials accurately. This position includes
standing for long periods; bending, lifting, and pushing heavy book carts
with library materials.

*TO APPLY:* You must complete an Application for Employment, which can be
found online at *www.bexleylibrary.org/employment
<http://www.bexleylibrary.org/employment>*.

Email the completed application along with a copy of your cover letter,
resume, and contact information for three professional or academic
references to: *employment at bexleylibrary.org <employment at bexleylibrary.org>*
.