[OPLINLIST] Practice Cataloging Serials - Series Starts Next Week!

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Wed Jun 6 12:46:21 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3FD94.5D379FF0]

If you are responsible for maintaining catalog records for periodicals, are new to the task or just plain avoid them because they are challenging, we're here to help. The second set of sessions in our Fundamentals of Cataloging series focuses on the issues, fields and elements to be considered when cataloging periodicals. We will be covering both physical and electronic serials records. Each session includes dedicated practice and searching time, brief quizzes, and other learning engagement opportunities. You might even find you like cataloging journals and that they aren't so difficult after all.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Serials Cataloging Overview (Session 1)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=456&reset=1>
This first session in the Serials series will give an overview to serials cataloging.  We will describe the vocabulary and resources you need to get started.
Tuesday, June 12th from 1:30PM-3:30PM
Presenter: Sarah Schaff
Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: MARC for Serials (Session 2)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=457&reset=1>
This second session in the Serials series will focus on the key MARC fields frequently used in serials cataloging.
Tuesday, June 19th, 1:30PM-3:30PM
Presenter: Sarah Schaff
Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2 for Serials (Session 3)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=458&reset=1>
This third session in the Serials series will focus on the key changes that the new cataloging standard, RDA (Resource Description and Access), brings to serials cataloging considerations.
Tuesday, July 10th, 1:30PM-3:30PM
Presenter: Sarah Schaff

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

Looking for more?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!
"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities