[OPLINLIST] How does your library's home delivery program work?

Fauber, Amy faubera at limalibrary.com
Wed Jun 27 09:07:17 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I am considering ways to improve my library's home delivery program, and I am curious how others libraries manage theirs. Specifically, I would like to know:

  *   Do you only check out items to individuals, only have organizational cards for retirement homes, or a mix of both?
  *   If you do organizational cards and check out a variety of items to the retirement home for all residents to share, does the nursing home implement any kind of sign out system to hold people accountable for the items they are taking back to their rooms?
  *   How do you deal with retirement homes which consistently fail to return all items even after several notifications?
  *   Is there anything else you tried as part of your home delivery program that has been especially successful? I'd like to hear about it!

Thank you for your help!

Amy Riegle Fauber
Head of Technical Services

Lima Public Library